FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Benjamin Bridge announces the release of its 2019 Nova 7 in 750-ml and 250-ml
10% of each Nova 7 sale through the NSLC to be donated to Nova Scotia hospital foundations in support of front-line health workers
Tuesday, March 24, 2020 (Gaspereau Valley, Nova Scotia) – For the past 12 years, with the arrival of Spring, Nova Scotians have celebrated the launch of a new vintage of Nova 7, making it a homegrown success and the highest selling wine locally. As its 2019 vintage is released by the NSLC this week, Benjamin Bridge is eager to announce that 10% of every bottle or can sold through the NSLC until June 7, 2020 will be donated by Benjamin Bridge to hospital foundations in the province to support front-line health workers in the community fight against COVID-19.
Head winemaker, Jean-Benoit Deslauriers, shares his thoughts on the release:
At its core, we believe Nova 7 is a celebration of community and connection. Each bottle is the result of a small, dedicated group working together in the pursuit of excellence in rural Nova Scotia. The success of each vintage is the result of Nova Scotians, including the tremendous staff of the NSLC, valuing this local commitment to quality. In these unprecedented times of social distancing and self-isolation, we hope to keep that spirit of “togetherness” alive in Nova 7 with this direct support to the health community who are on the front lines.
This is a natural extension of Benjamin Bridge’s charitable focus on rural health. For the past three years, Benjamin Bridge has partnered with its local Valley Regional Hospital Foundation (VRHF) with cash and in-kind contributions, including donating 25% of proceeds from Nova 7’s 10th Anniversary Party and hosting the Foundation’s annual fundraiser “Dining with Doctors” at its winery. Annette Bentley, Annual Fund Coordinator said this of the new initiative: “Valley Regional Hospital Foundation is grateful for Benjamin Bridge’s continued support of health in our community, especially during this challenging time.”
Rick McCarthy, acting CEO of the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation notes:
We’re incredibly thankful that Benjamin Bridge is giving back in this time of need. Our primary focus is the health and wellness of our donors, volunteers, hospital patients and our staff. By supporting the frontline healthcare staff and patients across the province, who are dealing with an unprecedented public health concern, we can all do our part to help flatten the curve.
Benjamin Bridge will donate the Nova 7 proceeds on a bi-weekly basis in equal share to hospital foundations serving rural communities in the province: Valley Regional Hospital Foundation, Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation, and Dartmouth General Hospital Foundation. For a list of foundations in the province, please visit http://www.nshealth.ca/donate.
At present, NSLC online and store operations continue to adapt during this unprecedented time and Benjamin Bridge would like to recognize the exceptional NSLC employees making this possible.
Benjamin Bridge will announce the full amount that has been donated on June 22, 2020.
BENJAMIN BRIDGE OPERATIONS DURING COVID-19
On Friday, March 13, 2020 Benjamin Bridge announced steps it has taken to operate responsibly during these unprecedented times:
- Closure of the winery to the public and all non-essential business.
- Enhanced cleaning, sanitization, and hygiene practices with increased accessibility to hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes within our buildings.
- An at-home work policy except for a select few team members (less than 5) to conduct essential business.
- Essential business will be conducted following strict policies of social distancing of at least 2 metres, differing work schedules, sanitization requirements & more.
- Any BB team member who is helping fulfill essential business, such as wine orders, has volunteered to adhere to strict policies in their personal lives as well.
- All employees will follow the public health authorities’ guidance regarding hygiene.
With these measures in place, Benjamin Bridge has been able to offer continued ways to purchase its wines:
- Free shipping across Canada until May 1st, or as the situation requires.
- Contactless free delivery option in the Halifax Metro & Wolfville areas.
- Contactless “drive thru” pick up option for those able to travel to the winery.
- On retail shelves, where its partners have adopted their own measures to protect the public and their staff.
Benjamin Bridge has been a lifelong project of elevating Nova Scotia’s profile, carving out jobs that nourish healthy lives and soils, and creating positive change in its community.
For more information, or print quality photos, please contact: