2014 Rosé    

2013-rose

VINTAGE NOTES
Our méthode classique rosés have had four years of international acclaim and this latest 2014 vintage had the growing conditions to make it another standout. More moderate temperatures elongated the growing season with a late Chardonnay harvest, starting on October 21. To preserve the vintage’s energetic traits of freshness and brightness, 90% of the base wines were wild fermented in stainless steel with no malolactic fermentations. The remaining 10% base was aged in neutral oak barrels, providing a complementary roundness and additional texture. An assemblage of87% Chardonnay and 13% Pinot Noir, the classically pale rosé relates, in part, to the high percentage of Chardonnay. After tasting every barrel and tank sample, the top blend resulted in a mere 1,500 bottles instead of a traditional 3,500 bottles, serving as a perfect example of Benjamin Bridge’s quality commitment trumping all other considerations in its sparkling program.

TASTING NOTES
“In the glass, a light Provençale salmon colour with a lavender hue. The nose is complex, merging a floral bouquet with hints of baked green apples and Himalayan pink salt. In contrast with the delicate colour, the palate is substantial in both weight and structure, with distinct PinotNoir markers of crushed field berries and leather. The finish is enduring, with a cascade of riverbed minerality and crushed flint.” Head Winemaker, Jean-Benoit Deslauriers

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Varietal composition: 87% Chardonnay, 13% Pinot Noir
Alcohol: 11.5%
TA: 8.4 g/L
pH: 3.01
Dosage: 12 g/L
Brix (average at harvest): 18º
Aging: 3 years on lees
Recommended drinking: 2018-2023

PAIRING SUGGESTIONS
Our 2014 méthode classique rosé defines versatility, pairing beautifully pairing beautifully with seared scallops, lobster, duck confit, or late fall deserts such as apple pie.